List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:May 14 2014 6:26pm
Subject:Re: multilple mysql engines, one set of shared table spaces?
View as plain text
As far as I know, the only way this is possible is if your entire
database is formatted as MyISAM.  In that case, multiple MySQL
processes, each started with external-locking enabled, may safely
share a data folder.  The contention will almost certainly kill you as
far as performance goes..   and if you are thinking of trying this
using NFS mounted files or Samba, all bets are off as file locks
can/will/do NOT work leading to inevitable bad race conditions..

You might explore this for some details.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/external-locking.html

In short, it's a bad, bad idea.