List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:misiaq Date:April 18 2014 6:46am
Subject:Re: Data masking for mysql
View as plain text
Hi,

If you don't care to much how the data look like - just run once of update and replace it
with some random stings. If you do however, and you still want to telephone numbers looks
like telephone numbers, what I can suggest is to use a data generator like this one
http://www.generatedata.com/
and generate sufficient amount of fake data, then run a simple select - update query or
script and change data in your database.
I was using that a couple of times when a UAT database was restored from production but
'cause of data sensitiveness I had to mask it a bit.

Good luck!