List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:bars0.bars0.bars0 Date:April 8 2014 8:15pm
Subject:Calling function, that operates on another database
View as plain text
Hi all.

I have standard select statement and on one column I want to run
function, that will connect to another database (same server).
Is this possible?

High level example:

SELECT db1.clients.client_id, getTurnover(db1.clients.client_id) FROM
db1.clients;

AND getTurnover($id) body would be something like:

SELECT SUM(db2.turnover.amount) FROM db2.turnover WHERE
db2.turnover.client_id = $id;

So for some data, I need to make lookup to another database table.
Is this even possible?

Cheers, Chris.
Thread
Calling function, that operates on another databasebars0.bars0.bars08 Apr 2014
  • RE: Calling function, that operates on another databaseDavid Lerer8 Apr 2014
  • Re: Calling function, that operates on another databaseLarry Martell8 Apr 2014