List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tim Johnson Date:April 5 2014 1:16am
Subject:Excluding MySQL database tables from mysqldump
View as plain text
Currently I'm running mysql on a Mac OSX partition.

I have installed an ubuntu dual-booted partition and put mysql on
it. I have already set up a mysql user on the ubuntu OS.

In the past I have used mysqldump with just the --all-databases
option to transfer data across different linux partitions.

I'm wondering if I should explicitly exclude some of the tables from
the mysql database. If so, which? perhaps mysql.user?

thoughts? Opinions?
thanks
--
Tim
Excluding MySQL database tables from mysqldumpTim Johnson5 Apr 2014