List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:asd asdf Date:March 31 2014 10:59am
Subject:Unable to connect to foreign data source
View as plain text
I had a problem why trying Federated Engine.
Creating tables generate no problems but trying inserting raise an error as
"Error 1429 (HY000): Unable to connect to a foreign data source: Can't
connect to MySQL server on '192.168.0.11' (111)".

My OS is newly install with no firewall restriction on the system.
And I'm using 'root' user with all privileges.
I can't seem to find a solution at any sites.

Anyone with suggestion for this problems?

The problem could be recreated as the code below.

drop table if exists test001 ;
create table test001 (
   xx bigint(20) unsigned
   )
ENGINE=InnoDB
DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

drop table if exists test001FE ;
create table test001FE (
   xx bigint(20) unsigned
   )
ENGINE=FEDERATED
DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8
CONNECTION =  'mysql://root:root@stripped:3306/Prelude_copy/test001';

insert into test001FE(xx) values (12);

Thread
Unable to connect to foreign data sourceasd asdf31 Mar 2014
RE: Unable to connect to foreign data sourceBob Eby31 Mar 2014