List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christopher R. Jones Date:January 4 2000 8:55pm
Subject:Re: MS Access 2000 odbc question
View as plain text
>Sorry, but Access 2000 can't export tables through ODBC because of a
>bug in Access 2000;  You have to get an update from Microsoft for
>Access 2000 to do this!
>
>(We have been contacted by Microsoft programmers that agree that the
>bug was in Access 2000 and has been corrected;  We have however never
>heard of anyone getting a patch for this :(   I hope they will not
>force you to upgrade to get this fixed..
>
>Regards,
>Monty

Access 2000 has no problems exporting tables to other databases such as
Foxpro as long as you get the latest MDAC.  Access 2000 does not export
tables to using MyODBC because of errors in the resulting mysql SQL calls.
For example, I created the following table in Access 2000:
table2
Column Name		Field Type
 testmore1 		Number - Integer
 testmore2		Date/Time
 testmore3		Text - 50 chars

I placed two entries in the table:
1	2000-01-01	Test More
2	2000-01-01	Testing Again

I tried to export to a Foxpro database, no problem.
I tried to export to a MySQL database, no go.  The following excerpt from
the sql.log file:
MSACCESS        115:fc	EXIT  SQLExecDirectW  with return code -1 (SQL_ERROR)
		HSTMT               0x092217d8
		WCHAR *             0x027e4f98 [      -3] "CREATE TABLE ( smallint,
timestamp, varchar(50))\ 0"
		SDWORD                    -3

		DIAG [42000] [TCX][MyODBC]You have an error in your SQL syntax near '(
smallint, timestamp, varchar(50))' at line 1 (1064)

So I don't know if Access is making the mistake of the ODBC driver is
making the mistake.

Christopher R. Jones, P.Eng.
14 Oneida Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2E3
Tel. 416 203-7465
Fax. 416 203-3044
Email cj@stripped

Thread
MS Access 2000 odbc questionKarl M. Phillips4 Jan
  • MS Access 2000 odbc questionMichael Widenius4 Jan
Re: MS Access 2000 odbc questionChristopher R. Jones4 Jan
  • Re: MS Access 2000 odbc questionMichael Widenius5 Jan
    • RE: MS Access 2000 odbc questionRobert Goff5 Jan
      • RE: MS Access 2000 odbc questionRobert Goff5 Jan