List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Karr Abgarian <abvk Date:March 20 2014 6:59pm
Subject:Re: Decode Json in MySQL query
View as plain text
Hi, you probably want to perform this conversion on your client.   There are JSON parser
libraries available for Java, PHP and the like.   Cheers, Karr

On Mar 20, 2014, at 11:35 AM, Sukhjinder K. Narula <narula.sk@stripped> wrote:

> Hello,
> I would like to know if there is a way to decode the json string stored in
> one of the fields as text without using triggers or stored procedures.
> What I want to do is is within the query, I would like to get one row per
> element within the json string.
> For example: the json string is as follow:
>
> [
>  {
>    "name" : "Abc",
>    "age" : "20"
>  },
>  {
>    "name" : "Xyz",
>    "age" : "18"
>  }
> ]
>
> and after query, I want result as:
> Name                Age
> Abc                   20
> Xyz                   18
>

> Would this be possible, I greatly appreciate any help regarding this
> matter.
>
> Many Thanks,
> Sukhjinder

Thread
Decode Json in MySQL querySukhjinder K. Narula20 Mar 2014
  • Re: Decode Json in MySQL queryKarr Abgarian20 Mar 2014
    • Re: Decode Json in MySQL queryMichael Dykman20 Mar 2014
      • Re: Decode Json in MySQL querySukhjinder K. Narula21 Mar 2014
        • Re: Decode Json in MySQL queryAndrew Moore21 Mar 2014
  • Re: Decode Json in MySQL queryKishore Vaishnav20 Mar 2014