List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sukhjinder K. Narula Date:March 20 2014 6:35pm
Subject:Decode Json in MySQL query
View as plain text
Hello,
I would like to know if there is a way to decode the json string stored in
one of the fields as text without using triggers or stored procedures.
What I want to do is is within the query, I would like to get one row per
element within the json string.
For example: the json string is as follow:

[
  {
    "name" : "Abc",
    "age" : "20"
  },
  {
    "name" : "Xyz",
    "age" : "18"
  }
]

and after query, I want result as:
Name                Age
Abc                   20
Xyz                   18

Would this be possible, I greatly appreciate any help regarding this
matter.

Many Thanks,
Sukhjinder

Thread
Decode Json in MySQL querySukhjinder K. Narula20 Mar 2014
  • Re: Decode Json in MySQL queryKarr Abgarian20 Mar 2014
    • Re: Decode Json in MySQL queryMichael Dykman20 Mar 2014
      • Re: Decode Json in MySQL querySukhjinder K. Narula21 Mar 2014
        • Re: Decode Json in MySQL queryAndrew Moore21 Mar 2014
  • Re: Decode Json in MySQL queryKishore Vaishnav20 Mar 2014