List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Morgan Tocker Date:March 17 2014 12:55pm
Subject:Re: SHOW CREATE TABLE suddenly slow on InnoDB?
View as plain text
Hi Brad,

> I'm trying to figure out how InnoDB executes a SHOW CREATE TABLE query so I
> can figure out what could possibly have made them suddenly slow down?
>
> mysql> SHOW CREATE TABLE `my_table`;
> 1 row in set (37.48 sec)
>
> We tend to execute many of these statements concurrently, but it's never
> been a problem until recently. I upgraded the IO subsystem, and our
> statistics indicate that it's not maxing out IO (at least IOPS).
>
> This is problematic because the ORM we're using uses that to figure out the
> structure of our DB...

I am going to guess that it could be contention trying to open the table.  i.e. when you
run into this issue and run SHOW PROCESSLIST, does it show any threads waiting in state
“Opening tables”?

(If you can paste a sanitized SHOW PROCESSLIST this helps a lot.)

- Morgan
Thread
SHOW CREATE TABLE suddenly slow on InnoDB?Brad Heller17 Mar 2014
  • Re: SHOW CREATE TABLE suddenly slow on InnoDB?Andrew Moore17 Mar 2014
    • Re: SHOW CREATE TABLE suddenly slow on InnoDB?Brad Heller17 Mar 2014
  • Re: SHOW CREATE TABLE suddenly slow on InnoDB?Morgan Tocker17 Mar 2014
    • Re: SHOW CREATE TABLE suddenly slow on InnoDB?Brad Heller17 Mar 2014
      • Re: SHOW CREATE TABLE suddenly slow on InnoDB?Morgan Tocker17 Mar 2014
        • Re: SHOW CREATE TABLE suddenly slow on InnoDB?Brad Heller17 Mar 2014
          • Re: SHOW CREATE TABLE suddenly slow on InnoDB?shawn l.green17 Mar 2014
          • Re: SHOW CREATE TABLE suddenly slow on InnoDB?Morgan Tocker17 Mar 2014