List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brian Van der Westhuizen [DATACOM] Date:February 26 2014 12:00am
Subject:RE: Multi-master to one slave
View as plain text
Dont understand your question ?

But

If you have 2 masters replicating to each other, yes you can a have a single slave hanging from either those servers.

Things to keep In mind

Each server have unique server id
Make the slave read only

If you have very little experience in DBA'ng and particular with mysql the I suggest you look at other products.

But it is fairly easy to set up and administer, we have quite a few instalations of this nature, multi master with lots of slaves hanging of the masters !

Regards
Brian vd Westhuizen

Informix/MySQL/Postgres/MongoDB Database Administrator
Datacom NZ |  Level 2, North Tower, 68 Jervois Quay
www.datacom.co.nz  |  PO Box 6376, Wellington 6141