List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Carsten Pedersen Date:February 19 2014 2:47pm
Subject:Re: Mysql into outfile problem
View as plain text
I don't know what you mean by "straight" mysql connection. At any rate,
the idea is to use --quick or otherwise using a connection which uses
mysql_use_result over mysql_store_result.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/mysql.html

Best,

/ Carsten

On 19-02-2014 12:02, Machiel Richards wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     the queries are done by connecting to the database using mysql
> workbench or otherwise after ssh to server by using straight mysql
> connection.
>
> regards
>

> On 19/02/2014 12:51, Carsten Pedersen wrote:
>> If you're doing this from the cmd-line client, try running it using
>> --quick. th
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> / Carsten
>>
>> On 19-02-2014 09:03, Machiel Richards wrote:
>>> Hi guys
>>>
>>>        I am hoping that someone might have experienced this before or
>>> might know why we are getting this.
>>>
>>>       We regularly need to run some queries and export the results to a
>>> csv file.
>>>
>>>         However we seem to be experiencing the following issues:
>>>
>>>              - when we run an explain on the query it shows that it is
>>> using indexes and the amount of rows it accesses is about 165000 rows
>>> out of a 90mil+ rows table
>>>
>>>              - When we run the query however and output to a file, it
>>> takes about 10-15 minutes to start writing to the file, then once it
>>> starts, it writes 28Mb to the file, then it waits again for another
>>> 10-15 minutes, and writes another 28Mb's and so it continues until it
>>> eventually completes.
>>>

>>>            for the amount of records and the fact that it uses indexes,
>>> this should be running quite fast, however we cant seem to figure out
>>> this behaviour.
>>>

>>>           Can anyone perhaps assist me with this as the help woul dbe
>>> greatly appreciated.
>>>

>>> Regards

Thread
Mysql into outfile problemMachiel Richards19 Feb 2014
  • Re: Mysql into outfile problemCarsten Pedersen19 Feb 2014
    • Re: Mysql into outfile problemMachiel Richards19 Feb 2014
      • Re: Mysql into outfile problemCarsten Pedersen19 Feb 2014
  • Re: Mysql into outfile problemJohan De Meersman19 Feb 2014