List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:February 19 2014 1:33pm
Subject:Re: Mysql into outfile problem
View as plain text

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Machiel Richards" <machiel.richards@stripped>
> Subject: Mysql into outfile problem
>
>              - when we run an explain on the query it shows that it is
> using indexes and the amount of rows it accesses is about 165000 rows
> out of a 90mil+ rows table

Not too bad, in and of itself, but explain only gives an estimate, and the actual query
plan could potentially differ a lot. Have a look at
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/show-profile.html for some more performance
debugging tools. If your query ends up in the slowlog (or you can turn on the general log
for a moment), you can also look at Percona Toolkit (pt-query-digest etc) for some more
toys.

Mysql into outfile problemMachiel Richards19 Feb 2014
  • Re: Mysql into outfile problemCarsten Pedersen19 Feb 2014
    • Re: Mysql into outfile problemMachiel Richards19 Feb 2014
      • Re: Mysql into outfile problemCarsten Pedersen19 Feb 2014
  • Re: Mysql into outfile problemJohan De Meersman19 Feb 2014