List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Machiel Richards Date:February 19 2014 11:02am
Subject:Re: Mysql into outfile problem
View as plain text
Hi,

    the queries are done by connecting to the database using mysql
workbench or otherwise after ssh to server by using straight mysql
connection.

regards

On 19/02/2014 12:51, Carsten Pedersen wrote:
> If you're doing this from the cmd-line client, try running it using
> --quick. th
>
> Best,
>
> / Carsten
>
> On 19-02-2014 09:03, Machiel Richards wrote:
>> Hi guys
>>
>>        I am hoping that someone might have experienced this before or
>> might know why we are getting this.
>>
>>       We regularly need to run some queries and export the results to a
>> csv file.
>>
>>         However we seem to be experiencing the following issues:
>>
>>              - when we run an explain on the query it shows that it is
>> using indexes and the amount of rows it accesses is about 165000 rows
>> out of a 90mil+ rows table
>>
>>              - When we run the query however and output to a file, it
>> takes about 10-15 minutes to start writing to the file, then once it
>> starts, it writes 28Mb to the file, then it waits again for another
>> 10-15 minutes, and writes another 28Mb's and so it continues until it
>> eventually completes.
>>

>>            for the amount of records and the fact that it uses indexes,
>> this should be running quite fast, however we cant seem to figure out
>> this behaviour.
>>

>>           Can anyone perhaps assist me with this as the help woul dbe
>> greatly appreciated.
>>

>> Regards

Thread
Mysql into outfile problemMachiel Richards19 Feb 2014
  • Re: Mysql into outfile problemCarsten Pedersen19 Feb 2014
    • Re: Mysql into outfile problemMachiel Richards19 Feb 2014
      • Re: Mysql into outfile problemCarsten Pedersen19 Feb 2014
  • Re: Mysql into outfile problemJohan De Meersman19 Feb 2014