List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Carsten Pedersen Date:February 19 2014 10:51am
Subject:Re: Mysql into outfile problem
View as plain text
If you're doing this from the cmd-line client, try running it using --quick.

Best,

/ Carsten

On 19-02-2014 09:03, Machiel Richards wrote:
> Hi guys
>
>        I am hoping that someone might have experienced this before or
> might know why we are getting this.
>
>       We regularly need to run some queries and export the results to a
> csv file.
>
>         However we seem to be experiencing the following issues:
>
>              - when we run an explain on the query it shows that it is
> using indexes and the amount of rows it accesses is about 165000 rows
> out of a 90mil+ rows table
>
>              - When we run the query however and output to a file, it
> takes about 10-15 minutes to start writing to the file, then once it
> starts, it writes 28Mb to the file, then it waits again for another
> 10-15 minutes, and writes another 28Mb's and so it continues until it
> eventually completes.
>

>            for the amount of records and the fact that it uses indexes,
> this should be running quite fast, however we cant seem to figure out
> this behaviour.
>

>           Can anyone perhaps assist me with this as the help woul dbe
> greatly appreciated.
>

> Regards

Thread
Mysql into outfile problemMachiel Richards19 Feb 2014
  • Re: Mysql into outfile problemCarsten Pedersen19 Feb 2014
    • Re: Mysql into outfile problemMachiel Richards19 Feb 2014
      • Re: Mysql into outfile problemCarsten Pedersen19 Feb 2014
  • Re: Mysql into outfile problemJohan De Meersman19 Feb 2014