List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Machiel Richards Date:February 19 2014 8:03am
Subject:Mysql into outfile problem
View as plain text
Hi guys

       I am hoping that someone might have experienced this before or
might know why we are getting this.

      We regularly need to run some queries and export the results to a
csv file.

        However we seem to be experiencing the following issues:

             - when we run an explain on the query it shows that it is
using indexes and the amount of rows it accesses is about 165000 rows
out of a 90mil+ rows table

             - When we run the query however and output to a file, it
takes about 10-15 minutes to start writing to the file, then once it
starts, it writes 28Mb to the file, then it waits again for another
10-15 minutes, and writes another 28Mb's and so it continues until it
eventually completes.

           for the amount of records and the fact that it uses indexes,
this should be running quite fast, however we cant seem to figure out
this behaviour.

          Can anyone perhaps assist me with this as the help woul dbe
greatly appreciated.

Regards
Thread
Mysql into outfile problemMachiel Richards19 Feb 2014
  • Re: Mysql into outfile problemCarsten Pedersen19 Feb 2014
    • Re: Mysql into outfile problemMachiel Richards19 Feb 2014
      • Re: Mysql into outfile problemCarsten Pedersen19 Feb 2014
  • Re: Mysql into outfile problemJohan De Meersman19 Feb 2014