List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jørn Dahl-Stamnes Date:February 18 2014 3:55pm
Subject:Re: Crash after shutdown/restart
> Hi Jørn,
>
> > But I must say I'm not very impressed by the speed. I'm running a test on
> > an application that do a lot of reads and writes queries and the general
> > performance has dropped to 50% of the what I had in 5.5.20.
>
> I would say that this sort of performance drop is not typical.  Some
> users have reported a smaller performance loss in single threaded
> workloads in 5.6.

But dropping from an average of 1800 jobs per minute down to 300? I don't
think that should be expected.

A few weeks ago I stopped the test and restored the initial database starting
the test over again. Now the performance was back to 1700 jobs per minute,
but it slowly went down as the test ran. Yesterday it was down to 300 per
minutes and still (but very slowly) dropped.

Yesterday I did the following:

* stopped the test
* dumped all databases
* stopped the mysql server 5.6
* Downloaded 5.5.33-log source and installed it
* Removed all inodb* and ib_log* files
* Removed all databases
* Started and initialized mysql
* Restored all databases
* Started the test where I left it.

After a few hours I could see that the performance was back to normal - 1800 -
2000 jobs per minute. There is no sign of drop in performace so far.

Please explain.

--
Jørn Dahl-Stamnes
homepage: http://photo.dahl-stamnes.net/