List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Darrell Shifflett Date:April 23 1999 9:22pm
Subject:Re: Can't access any of databases
View as plain text
On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, Fred Lindberg wrote:

> Here it is:
>
> ===== Message decoded from base64 ignoring charset ==============
> I ran into a trouble with mySQL server after an emergency power-off of
> the
> machine, without
>  a shutdown. Any time I am trying to use any of the databases
> (including
> mysql), I get an 'Access denied' error (root user has no password at
> this
> time):
>
> shell> mysql -u root mysql
> ERROR 1044: Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database 'mysql'
>
> shell> mysqladmin -u root shutdown
> mysqladmin: shutdown failed; error: 'Access denied for user:
> '@localhost'
> (Using
>  password: NO)'

mysqladmin -help
mysqladmin --user="root" --password="your_password" shutdown

Might want to check your group perms, i recently had the same problem
and had to chown back to the correct ownerships.
Just a suggestion.
*Avoid* shutdowns like this. :P

Thread
Can't access any of databasesDenis Kotseba21 Apr
  • Re: Can't access any of databasesSasha Pachev24 Apr
    • Re: Can't access any of databasesDarrell Shifflett24 Apr
Re: Can't access any of databasesFred Lindberg24 Apr
  • Re: Can't access any of databasesDarrell Shifflett24 Apr
  • Getting "Can't connect to local MySQL server (21)" error fromperl scriptBill Rhodes24 Apr
    • Re: Getting "Can't connect to local MySQL server (21)" error from perl scriptJeremy24 Apr