List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Morgan Tocker Date:February 5 2014 10:47pm
Subject:Re: error - ould be looked up with ./bin/resolveip
View as plain text
Hi Érico,

> mac:mysql-5.6.16-linux-glibc2.5-x86_64 ericomtx$ sudo
> scripts/mysql_install_db --user=mysql
> sh: ./bin/my_print_defaults: cannot execute binary file
> FATAL ERROR: Neither host 'mac.local' nor 'localhost' could be looked up
> with
> ./bin/resolveip
> Please configure the 'hostname' command to return a correct
> hostname.
> If you want to solve this at a later stage, restart this script
> with the --force option
>
> how my /etc/hosts file should look like so I can fix this ?

The hostname resolving script is used to build the privileges tables.

Here is what I have in /etc/hosts on my OS X laptop:

morgo@Rbook:~$ cat /etc/hosts
##
# Host Database
#
# localhost is used to configure the loopback interface
# when the system is booting.  Do not change this entry.
##
127.0.0.1	localhost
255.255.255.255	broadcasthost
::1             localhost
fe80::1%lo0	localhost

127.0.0.1	rbook

- Morgan
Thread
error - ould be looked up with ./bin/resolveip√Črico5 Feb 2014
  • Re: error - ould be looked up with ./bin/resolveipMorgan Tocker5 Feb 2014