List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:shawn l.green Date:January 30 2014 3:48pm
Subject:Re: LOAD DATA in replication
View as plain text
Hello Neubyr,

On 1/29/2014 7:16 PM, neubyr wrote:
> I am trying to understand MySQL statement based replication with LOAD DATA
> LOCAL INFILE statement'.
>
> According to manual -
> https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/replication-features-load.html -
> LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE is replicated as LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE, however, I
> am seeing it replicated as 'LOAD DATA INFILE'.
>
> I was wondering why slave isn't getting LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE statements.
> Appreciate any help on this.
>
> Master is using MySQL 5.0 and slave is using MySQL 5.6.
>
> -thanks,

The slave is not receiving the file from your local disk. When that file
arrives at the master (due to your LOAD DATA LOCAL ..) it is stored in
the binary log and copied (via replication) to the slave where the slave
performs a server-side LOAD DATA...  . This is how STATEMENT-based
replication operates.

Does that make better sense?

--
Shawn Green