List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:hsv Date:December 19 2013 6:05am
Subject:Re: LOAD DATA INFILE with space after quote but before comma
View as plain text
I ran across a curious issue, I'd call it a bug but I'm sure others would
call it a feature.

I have a csv file with space between the " and , and it causes MySQL to eat
that field and the field after it as a single field. Is there a setting I
can use to remedy this or do I just have to make sure no whitespace
intrudes?
<<<<<<<<
Well, strictly speaking, it is a bug, in your file. If you can keep that from happening
that is best, because in a CSV file the quotemark may appear only first, last, or next to
a separator, unless it quotes another quote-mark.

Otherwise, if it is consistent as in Dhaval Jaiswal s (2), only do as he suggests.

Thread
LOAD DATA INFILE with space after quote but before commaAnthony Ball18 Dec
  • Re: LOAD DATA INFILE with space after quote but before commaDhaval Jaiswal19 Dec
  • Re: LOAD DATA INFILE with space after quote but before commahsv19 Dec