List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jan Steinman Date:November 9 2013 1:35am
Subject:Re: Another query question...
View as plain text
> From: hsv@stripped
>
> 2013/11/04 09:32 -0800, Jan Steinman
>> I noticed that I have similar queries that work as expected. The difference
> appears to be that every query that is broken uses " WITH ROLLUP", and removing this makes
> them behave as expected.
>>
>> Is this a known bug? Should I submit it as such?
>
> There is a bug that I about a half year ago reported,
> http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=68564, that the NULL one expects with "WITH ROLLUP" is
> not always NULL, but is instead the foregoing string in the same field.

Okay, I think I found it:
	http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=47713

I added a comment with a link to a page I set up to show the behaviour on my system.
	http://www.ecoreality.org/wiki/WITH_ROLLUP_problem

It was submitted in 2009, severity "Critical," triaged "Serious," and still not fixed!

:::: The raw milk movement provides a real solution to the problem of food-borne illness
-- because raw milk consumers make sure their milk comes from small, pasture-based farms
and healthy animals unlikely to harbor pathogens and unlikely to contribute to water
pollution, and because raw milk builds immunity to disease-causing organisms that are
simply a natural part of the world in which we live. -- Ron Schmid

Another query question...Jan Steinman4 Nov
Re: Another query question...Jan Steinman4 Nov
  • Re: Another query question...hsv4 Nov
    • Re: Another query question...Reindl Harald5 Nov
Re: Another query question...Jan Steinman9 Nov
  • Re: Another query question...hsv12 Nov