List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:hsv Date:October 28 2013 4:54pm
Subject:RE: Change to MySQL Community Server 5.7.2?
View as plain text
>>>> 2013/10/25 00:08 +0000, Rick James >>>>
There's an old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Why _might_ 5.6.x or 5.7.x be "better for you"?  Sure there might be some features you
might want, might be some performance improvements that you might notice, etc.  And there
might be some regressions that will bite you.  Fortunately, regressions are rare.

You should probably upgrade to 5.6 soon, simply to avoid having to do a double upgrade
when you eventually go to 5.7.
<<<<<<<<
Everyone wants the computer where the database is changed to a newer: good time for
installing a newer MySQL, too. In 5.6 there is a feature of interest to me: DATETIME (I
wish it were DATE) also allows DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP and ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP;
and in 5.7 a bug that I reported, relevant to my code, was amended.

Now, in the announcement, it is called "public milestone release of MySQL 5.7": what is
that, and how different from "generally available"?

Thread
MySQL Community Server 5.7.2 has been released (part 1)Bjorn Munch21 Sep
  • Re: MySQL Community Server 5.7.2 has been released (part 1)hsv24 Oct
    • RE: MySQL Community Server 5.7.2 has been released (part 1)Rick James25 Oct
      • RE: Change to MySQL Community Server 5.7.2?hsv28 Oct