List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fred Lindberg Date:April 23 1999 8:53pm
Subject:Re: Can't access any of databases
View as plain text
On Fri, 23 Apr 1999 14:11:55 -0600, Sasha Pachev wrote:

>If only we could read this, we might be able to help :)

Here it is:

===== Message decoded from base64 ignoring charset ==============
I ran into a trouble with mySQL server after an emergency power-off of
the
machine, without
 a shutdown. Any time I am trying to use any of the databases
(including
mysql), I get an 'Access denied' error (root user has no password at
this
time):

shell> mysql -u root mysql
ERROR 1044: Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database 'mysql'

shell> mysqladmin -u root shutdown
mysqladmin: shutdown failed; error: 'Access denied for user:
'@localhost'
(Using
 password: NO)'

I would appreciate any suggestions. Environment: mysql-3.22.20a under
the
UNIX on Sun Solaris2.5.1-sparc.

Thanks.
Denis Kotseba

Thread
Can't access any of databasesDenis Kotseba21 Apr
  • Re: Can't access any of databasesSasha Pachev24 Apr
    • Re: Can't access any of databasesDarrell Shifflett24 Apr
Re: Can't access any of databasesFred Lindberg24 Apr
  • Re: Can't access any of databasesDarrell Shifflett24 Apr
  • Getting "Can't connect to local MySQL server (21)" error fromperl scriptBill Rhodes24 Apr
    • Re: Getting "Can't connect to local MySQL server (21)" error from perl scriptJeremy24 Apr