List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Manuel Arostegui Date:October 16 2013 12:43pm
Subject:Re: InnoDB row format table
View as plain text
2013/10/16 Antonio Fernández Pérez <antoniofernandez@stripped>

> Hi everybody,
>
> Recently I have got a warning after modify a table adding a new column.
> This warning is about ROW_FORMAT in InnoDB. The messages is: "Warning:
> InnoDB: ROW_FORMAT=DYNAMIC requires innodb_file_format > Antelope. InnoDB:
> Assuming ROW_FORMAT=COMPACT".
>
> My question is: Have I to take care with this warning? Have I to specify a
> ROW_FORMAT in the next ALTER TABLE operations?
> I have checked innodb_file_format variable and its value is Antelope; I
> have checked innodb_file_format_check and its value is ON ... Could be
> affect this clause to the master-slave replication?

Hello Antonio,

Also, as long as you are not having innodb_strict_mode enabled, it will
just remain as a warning and not an error, so the replication shouldn't be
affected if all the involved servers have the same innodb_strict_mode
configuration.

If you're using InnoDB compression (or what to use DYNAMIC row format) you
need Barracuda not Antelope. As you're not having the innodb_strict_mode
enabled it's being created as COMPACT which is what Antelope supports.

Cheers
Manuel.

Thread
InnoDB row format tableAntonio Fernández Pérez16 Oct
  • Re: InnoDB row format tableManuel Arostegui16 Oct
Re: InnoDB row format tableManuel Arostegui16 Oct