List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:October 12 2013 5:56pm
Subject:Re: Lost connection to MySQL server - need help.
View as plain text

Am 12.10.2013 19:45, schrieb Jørn Dahl-Stamnes:
> On Saturday 12 October 2013 17:36, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> so someone did "optimize table" on a large table
>> you do yourself not a favour restarting the server in such a moment
>
> 7 hours before the server was shut down, we did a alter table to add a primary
> key to a table that is read-only from the web application.

which means the table is most likely completly copied
in a temp file and depending on the table size this
takes time - you killed the alter table i guess

Lost connection to MySQL server - need help.Jørn Dahl-Stamnes12 Oct
  • Re: Lost connection to MySQL server - need help.nixofortune12 Oct
    • Re: Lost connection to MySQL server - need help.Jørn Dahl-Stamnes12 Oct
      • Re: Lost connection to MySQL server - need help.Andrew Moore12 Oct
        • Re: Lost connection to MySQL server - need help.Jørn Dahl-Stamnes12 Oct
          • Re: Lost connection to MySQL server - need help.Reindl Harald12 Oct
            • Re: Lost connection to MySQL server - need help.Jørn Dahl-Stamnes12 Oct
              • Re: Lost connection to MySQL server - need help.Reindl Harald12 Oct
                • Re: Lost connection to MySQL server - need help.Chris McKeever12 Oct
                  • Re: Lost connection to MySQL server - need help.Reindl Harald12 Oct