List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Shawn Green Date:October 10 2013 12:39pm
Subject:Re: MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.2.6 has been released
View as plain text
Hello Saquib,

On 10/9/2013 7:17 PM, Saqib N Ali wrote:
> no binaries for AIX?
>
> ------
> saqib
> http://hivemined.net

The last ODBC package built for AIX was 5.1.8 released Oct 2010
http://downloads.mysql.com/archives.php?p=mysql-connector-odbc-5.1&o=aix

This is inline with our EOL announcements that AIX remains a very
low-demand platform and that modern versions of MySQL (5.5 or later) are
not supported on AIX.
http://www.mysql.com/support/eol-notice.html
http://www.mysql.com/support/supportedplatforms/database.html

The source code remains available for you to build on your platform of
choice. Compiled binaries for AIX for ODBC 5.2 are not available for
download directly from our sites. To access the source code, in the
"Select Platform" field choose "Source Code"
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/5.2.html#downloads

Should demand for our products on AIX improve, we may reassess this
decision in the future.

Shawn Green
Office: Blountville, TN
Thread
MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.2.6 has been releasedKent Boortz9 Oct
  • Re: MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.2.6 has been releasedSaqib N Ali9 Oct
    • Re: MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.2.6 has been releasedShawn Green10 Oct