List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Larry Martell Date:September 23 2013 7:35pm
Subject:Problem with having
View as plain text
I want to find the rows from a table that have the max date_time for each
recipe. I know I've done this before with group by and having, but I can't
seem to get it to work now. I get the correct row id, but not the correct
date_time. I'm sure I'm missing something simple.

For purposes of showing an example, I'll use one recipe, 19166.

For that recipe here's the row I would want:

mysql> select id, MAX(date_time) from data_cstmeta  where recipe_id = 19166;
+---------+---------------------+
| id      | MAX(date_time)      |
+---------+---------------------+
| 1151701 | 2013-02-07 18:38:13 |
+---------+---------------------+
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

I would think this query would give me that - it gives me the correct id,
but not the correct date_time:

mysql> SELECT id, date_time as MaxDateTime  FROM data_cstmeta  where
recipe_id = 19166 group by recipe_id HAVING MIN(date_time);
+---------+---------------------+
| id      | MaxDateTime         |
+---------+---------------------+
| 1151701 | 2010-12-13 16:16:55 |
+---------+---------------------+
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

How can I fix this?

Thanks!
-larry

Thread
Problem with havingLarry Martell23 Sep
  • Re: Problem with havingSukhjinder K. Narula23 Sep
    • Re: Problem with havingLarry Martell23 Sep
      • Re: Problem with havingshawn green23 Sep
        • Re: Problem with havingAnanda Kumar23 Sep
        • Re: Problem with havingLarry Martell23 Sep
          • Re: Problem with havingshawn green24 Sep
            • Re: Problem with havingLarry Martell24 Sep
              • RE: Problem with havingRick James26 Sep
Re: Problem with havingLarry Martell23 Sep