List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Keith Murphy Date:September 17 2013 3:34pm
Subject:Re: Archive Engine Question
View as plain text
From here:

The ARCHIVE engine supports
 and SELECT <>, but not
or UPDATE <>. It does
support ORDER BY operations,
BLOB<> columns,
and basically all but spatial data types (see Section, “MySQL
Spatial Data
The ARCHIVE engine uses row-level locking.

*Storage:* Rows are compressed as they are inserted. The ARCHIVE engine
uses zlib lossless data compression (see You
can use OPTIMIZE
TABLE <> to
analyze the table and pack it into a smaller format (for a reason to
TABLE <>, see
later in this section). Beginning with MySQL 5.0.15, the engine also
supports CHECK TABLE<>.
There are several types of insertions that are used:

You tell my why a customer who wants to place AUDIT information in a table
might want that?

Keith Murphy

(c) 850-637-3877

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 10:19 AM, Wayne Leutwyler

> Hello List,
> I have a customer who is wanting to use the Archive Engine. I have no
> experience with this engine, other than what I am been reading. Why would I
> want to use Archive over InnoDB. They are only going to be placing audit
> information in the table.
> Walter "Wayne" Leutwyler, RHCT
> Sr. MySQL Database Administrator
> Mobile: 614 519 5672
> Office: 614 889 4956
> E-mail: wayne.leutwyler@stripped
> E-mail: wleutwyl@stripped
> Website:
> "Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Archive Engine QuestionWayne Leutwyler17 Sep
  • Re: Archive Engine QuestionKeith Murphy17 Sep
    • Re: Archive Engine QuestionWayne Leutwyler17 Sep
  • Re: Archive Engine QuestionManuel Arostegui18 Sep
    • Re: Archive Engine QuestionTim Callaghan19 Sep