List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Smith Date:September 2 2013 4:49am
Subject:Re: Can't Connect Localhost
On Sun, 1/9/13, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@stripped> wrote:

 To: mysql@stripped
 Date: Sunday, 1 September, 2013, 2:44 PM

> > I looked in mysql.config.pl and no "localhost" :(

> "mysql.config.pl" from what software damned?
> "mysql.config.pl" does not exist in context of mysql

It exists in the following folder on my Win8 box:

/Program Files (x86)/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.5/bin

Yes, apparently it does exist in context of mysql. At any rate, it didn't work. Is there
another config file in there?

> *what client software you are using to connect to a
> mysql-server*

I had written a python script. However, even if I try your and the other fellow's
suggestion and open up a command prompt with admin privileges and type
mysql -u root -h 127.0.0.1 -p
<pass>
it just opens up a mysql session, and that only if I do it from the folder where that
script lives since it's not in the path. Otherwise, it complains it can't find the
script.
TIA,
John

Thread
Can't Connect LocalhostJohn Smith31 Aug
  • Re: Can't Connect LocalhostReindl Harald31 Aug
  • Re: Can't Connect LocalhostTerry J Fundak1 Sep
    • Re: Can't Connect LocalhostJohn Smith1 Sep
      • Re: Can't Connect LocalhostReindl Harald1 Sep
        • Re: Can't Connect LocalhostJohn Smith1 Sep
          • Re: Can't Connect LocalhostReindl Harald1 Sep
            • Re: Can't Connect LocalhostJohn Smith2 Sep
              • Re: Can't Connect Localhostshawn green3 Sep
              • Re: Can't Connect Localhosthsv3 Sep
      • Re: Can't Connect LocalhostHoward Hart1 Sep