List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed L. Date:August 9 2013 4:19pm
Subject:connection issue
View as plain text
This mysql newbie is having trouble connecting to a mysqld instance,
hoping someone can offer a clue on troubleshooting.

I have 2 mysql 5.0.45 installations on one RHEL server.  One live mysqld
is setup in what appears to be a relatively standard installation, port
3306, user 'mysql', etc.  I've set up the other mysqld to run tests on a
non-standard port 5045, user 'testsql', different data root, config,
logs, etc.

When I attempt to connect to the mysqld running on port 5045 from the
command-line mysql client on the same host as follows ...

     # mysql -P 5045

... it seems I'm actually connecting to the live server on 3306 because
'show databases' shows the live databases.  How can I troubleshoot this
best?

Thanks.

Thread
connection issueEd L.9 Aug
  • Re: connection issueClaudio Nanni9 Aug