List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sebastien FLAESCH Date:August 1 2013 8:41am
Subject:Re: MySQL Community Server 5.6.13 has been released
View as plain text
Hello,

On 07/31/2013 01:03 PM, Sunanda Menon wrote:
 >       * The C API libmysqlclient shared-library .so files now have
 >         version 18.1.0 (up from version 18.0.0 used in MySQL 5.5).
 >         (Bug #16809055)

What impact has this change regarding backward compatibility with
existing C programs linked to older 5.6 libmysqlclient.so libs and
what is the general policy regarding the backward compatibility for
this library - where can we find clear statements in the doc?

Does it make sense to change the .so version in a bug fix release,
when the 5.6 was already releases as GA?

We are providing database drivers for MySQL in our development tool.
We have a C shared library linked to libmysqlclient.so, and we have
to link it with the correct 5.6 library version.
What solution would you recommend, if you change the .so version
number in MySQL 5.6 upgrade / bug fix releases?

Thanks,
Seb

> [...]
> exist. (Bug #65670, Bug #14236170)
>
> * Full-text search on InnoDB tables failed on searches for words
> containing apostrophes. (Bug #69216, Bug #16801781)
>
> * Full-text search on InnoDB tables failed on searches for
> literal phrases combined with + or - operators. (Bug #68720,
> Bug #16516193)
>
> * Optimizations that used extended secondary keys (see Use of
> Index Extensions
> (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/index-extensions.html)
> ) worked only for InnoDB, even for storage engines with the
> requisite underlying capabilities. (Bug #68469, Bug #16391678)
>
> * With big_tables enabled, queries that used COUNT(DISTINCT) on
> a simple join with a constant equality condition on a
> non-duplicate key returned incorrect results. (Bug #52582, Bug
> #11760197)
>
> * mysql_install_db incorrectly tried to create the
> mysql.innodb_table_stats and mysql.innodb_index_stats tables
> if InnoDB was not available. (Bug #68438, Bug #16369955)
>
> * If one session had any metadata lock on a table, another
> session attempting CREATE TABLE [IF NOT EXISTS] for the same
> table would hang. This occurred due to an attempt in the
> second session to acquire an exclusive metadata lock on the
> table before checking whether the table already existed. An
> exclusive metadata lock is not compatible with any other
> metadata locks, so the session hung for the lock timeout
> period if another session had the table locked.
> Now the server attempts to acquire a shared metadata lock on
> the table first to check whether it exists, then upgrade to an
> exclusive lock if it does not. If the table does exist, an
> error occurs for CREATE TABLE and a warning for CREATE TABLE
> IF NOT EXISTS. (Bug #63144, Bug #13418638)
>
> * Attempts to build from a source RPM package could fail because
> the build process attempted to refer to a pb2user that might
> not exist. (Bug #64641, Bug #13865797, Bug #69339, Bug
> #16874980)
>
> * A typo in cmake/dtrace.cmake prevented DTrace support from
> being enabled by -DENABLE_DTRACE-on. (Bug #60743, Bug
> #12325449)
>
> * When an internal buffer was too small for the workload, the
> Performance Schema could spend a lot of time in an internal
> spin loop attempting to allocate a memory buffer, and fail.
> (Bug #69382, Bug #16945618)
>
> * Some LEFT JOIN queries with GROUP BY could return incorrect
> results. (Bug #68897, Bug #16620047)
>
> * For queries with ORDER BY ... LIMIT, the optimizer could
> choose a nonordering index for table access. (Bug #69410, Bug
> #16916596)
>
> * When selecting a union of an empty result set (created with
> WHERE 1=0 or WHERE FALSE) with a derived table, incorrect
> filtering was applied to the derived table. (Bug #69471, Bug
> #16961803)
>
> * Comparison of a DATETIME value and a string did not work
> correctly for the utf8_unicode_ci collation. (Bug #68795, Bug

Thread
MySQL Community Server 5.6.13 has been releasedSunanda Menon31 Jul
  • Re: MySQL Community Server 5.6.13 has been releasedSebastien FLAESCH1 Aug
    • Re: MySQL Community Server 5.6.13 has been releasedReindl Harald1 Aug
    • Re: MySQL Community Server 5.6.13 has been releasedNoel Butler5 Aug