List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wayne Leutwyler Date:July 30 2013 3:35pm
Subject:Question about Server Debug Info
View as plain text
Hello List,

On two different occasions and on two different servers I have found server debug
information written out to the mysqld.log file.

Now I know that by issuing the kill -1 mysql-pid will write that information to the
mysqld.log file, and by using mysqladmin debug will also write debug information to the
mysqld.log file.

I am wondering what other methods would write the debug info to the mysqld.log file. On
the two servers in question my fellow DBA's nor myself did nothing that would have
written debug info.

Are there any internal settings or processes that would write debug information to the
mysqld.log file? Could a client tool do something like this? We have reviewed the app
privileges and the they have no ability to write debug info.

Thank you,

Walter "Wayne" Leutwyler, RHCT
Sr. MySQL Database Administrator
Mobile: 614 519 5672
Office: 614 889 4956
E-mail: wayne.leutwyler@stripped
E-mail: wleutwyl@stripped
Website: http://penguin-workshop.dyndns.org

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Thread
Question about Server Debug InfoWayne Leutwyler30 Jul