List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bruce Ferrell Date:July 30 2013 2:08pm
Subject:Re: Performance Improvements with VIEW
View as plain text
On 07/30/2013 04:13 AM, Manivannan S. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've a table with 10 Million records in MySQL with INNODB engine. Using this table I
> am doing some calculations in STORED PROCEDURE and getting the results.
>
> In Stored Procedure I used the base table and trying to process all the records in
> the table. But it's taking more than 15 Minutes to execute the procedure. When executing
> the Procedure in the process list I am getting 3 states like 'Sending data', 'Sorting
> Result' and 'Sending data' again.
>
> Then I created one view by using  the base table and updated the procedure by
> replacing that view in the place of a base table, it took only 4 minutes to execute the
> procedure with a view. When executing the Procedure in the process list I am getting 2
> states like 'Sorting Result' and 'Sending data'. The first state of 'Sending data' is not
> happened with view, It's directly started with 'Sorting Result' state.
>
> When I'm referring some MySQL sites and other blogs, I have seen that VIEWS will
> never improve the performance. But here I see some improvements with a view.
>
> I would like to know how VIEW is improving the performance.
>
> Regards
> Manivannan S

If you turn on your slow queries logs and activate log queries without indexes, I suspect
you'll find your answer.

Thread
Performance Improvements with VIEWManivannan S .30 Jul
  • Re: Performance Improvements with VIEWAndrew Moore30 Jul
  • Re: Performance Improvements with VIEWBruce Ferrell30 Jul
    • RE: Performance Improvements with VIEWRick James30 Jul