List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:July 19 2013 11:22am
Subject:Re: Transfer ENCRYPT password field to another server
View as plain text

----- Original Message -----
> From: "J Gao" <jgao@stripped>
> Subject: Transfer ENCRYPT password field to another server
>
> So, is there a way to make the MySQL encrypted password string
> "2I6JOeg.JukJ." convert to MD5 hash "$1$................."?

Nope. Encrypt() calls unix crypt(), which is really more a hash - you can't go back to the
original.

The proper way to handle this, is to notify the users that passwords will expire upon
moving to the new system, and sending each of them a personal, unique link to set their
new password.

Transfer ENCRYPT password field to another serverJ Gao18 Jul
  • Re: Transfer ENCRYPT password field to another serverJohan De Meersman19 Jul
    • Re: Transfer ENCRYPT password field to another serverRik Wasmus20 Jul