List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel Koch Date:January 4 2000 2:30pm
Subject:Re: Compiling on SGI
View as plain text
Christian Pomar Berry wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to compile MySQL 3.22.27 in an SGI Indigo 2 running Irix
> 6.2. I am using the native compiler.
>
> I have read that MySQL has been compiled under Irix 6.x using native
> threads. I do not know why, but after running 'configure' and 'make',
> the the mit-pthreads is compiled. Unfortunately, I then get many errors.
> I have solved some of them, but I get the following, which I don't know
> how to fix
>
> cc -I. -Iinclude -I/home/chris/mysql-3.22.27/mit-pthreads/include
> -DPTHREAD_KERNEL -g -c syscall.S -o obj/syscall.o
> input buffer on non-int boundry
> make: *** [obj/syscall.o] Error 1
>
> The syscall.S file is linked to
>
>  config/../machdep/syscall-template-ip22-irix-5.2.S
>
> Which makes me think that the problem is that the configure tool has
> configured the source as for an Irix 5.2 machine.
>
> My question is: How can I make it work with native threads? how can I
> avoid compiling mit-pthreads? I have tried to find answers in the list
> archive and in the INSTALL-README file, but I have found nothing.
>
> There is also a binary distribution, which is dynamically linked against
> the pthread library. Does anybody know where can I find this library
> compiled for SGI?

http://support.sgi.com/colls/patches/tools/patchset/index.html
You should download all the recommended patches for your system, as well as
all the POSIX patches, which will enable pthreads support on 6.2.  You do
not need a support contract to download these patches.

Dan Koch

Thread
Compiling on SGIChristian Pomar Berry4 Jan
  • Re: Compiling on SGIsinisa4 Jan
  • Re: Compiling on SGIDaniel Koch4 Jan
  • Re: Compiling on SGIChristian Pomar Berry5 Jan
Re: Compiling on SGIChristian Pomar Berry5 Jan
  • Re: Compiling on SGIsinisa5 Jan