List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daevid Vincent Date:July 8 2013 9:10pm
Subject:Need query to determine different column definitions across tables
View as plain text
I'm noticing that across our several databases and hundreds of tables that
column definitions are not consistent. I'm wondering if there is a tool or
query (using INFORMATION_SCHEMA perhaps) that will show me all databases,
tables and columns where they don't match (by column name).

For example in one table `foo_id` might be UNSIGNED and in other's it is
not. Or maybe it's INT(11) in some and INT(10) or worse MEDIUMINT in others.
Or extending further Charset/Collation might mismatch and be that stupid
"latin1_swedish_ci" and fixed to be "utf8" in others.

Stuff like that. I want to see everything where there is some difference.

Thread
Need query to determine different column definitions across tablesDaevid Vincent8 Jul
  • RE: Need query to determine different column definitions acrosstablesRick James9 Jul
  • RE: Need query to determine different column definitions across tablesDaevid Vincent9 Jul
    • RE: Need query to determine different column definitions acrosstablesRick James10 Jul