List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rafał Radecki Date:July 8 2013 11:48am
Subject:ALTER TABLE - correct way of adding columns?
View as plain text
Hi All.

I would like to change the layout of my production database, I would like
to add a column to an existing table. As I think before the ALTER TABLE
statement all access to the database should be denied/ended, then the ALTER
TABLE should be performed, and then user/applications should be able to use
the database once again.

My tables is quite small ~4MB data & indexes.

So is the ALTER TABLE on a running/opened to clients database/table
desirable or should it be run when all access to the database/table is
forbidden?

Best regards,
Rafal Radecki.

Thread
ALTER TABLE - correct way of adding columns?Rafał Radecki8 Jul
  • Re: ALTER TABLE - correct way of adding columns?Rafał Radecki8 Jul
  • Re: ALTER TABLE - correct way of adding columns?Johan De Meersman8 Jul