List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Machiel Richards - Gmail Date:July 4 2013 11:42am
Subject:Re: Master not creating new binary log.
View as plain text
Hi,

     in short what we did was the following:

     - binary logs was written to a 20GB filesystem and due to company
policies we kept expire logs at 7 days.
     - system got quite busy over the years so the space was becoming a
problem and thus we had to move to another directory.
     - setting that was changed is : log_bin             =  <new directory>
     - old binary logs were moved to the new directory after shutting
down the database
     - database started up and continued as normal, however stopped at
the last binary log when it filled up and complained about a corrupted
binary log.
     - a flush logs and reset master was done and a new binary log was
created mysql-bin.1
     - however same thing happening here, the binlog file fills up to
100Mb as configured, then stops without creating a new binary log.
     - this is then the point where the replication crashes as well.

Output of the queries:

mysql> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE '%bin%';
+---------------------------------+----------------------+
| Variable_name                   | Value                |
+---------------------------------+----------------------+
| binlog_cache_size               | 1048576              |
| innodb_locks_unsafe_for_binlog  | OFF                  |
| log_bin                         | ON                   |
| log_bin_trust_function_creators | OFF                  |
| max_binlog_cache_size           | 18446744073709547520 |
| max_binlog_size                 | 104857600            |
| sync_binlog                     | 0                    |
+---------------------------------+----------------------+

mysql> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE '%dir%';
+----------------------------+----------------------------+
| Variable_name              | Value                      |
+----------------------------+----------------------------+
| basedir                    | /usr/                      |
| character_sets_dir         | /usr/share/mysql/charsets/ |
| datadir                    | /var/lib/mysql/            |
| innodb_data_home_dir       |                            |
| innodb_log_arch_dir        |                            |
| innodb_log_group_home_dir  | ./                         |
| innodb_max_dirty_pages_pct | 90                         |
| plugin_dir                 |                            |
| slave_load_tmpdir          | /var/lib/mysql/tmp/        |
| tmpdir                     | /var/lib/mysql/tmp         |
10 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Regards