List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:July 2 2013 11:43pm
Subject:Re: database perfomance worries
View as plain text

Am 03.07.2013 01:25, schrieb Andy Wallace:
> Thanks for the response:
>
>> how large is your database?
> about 33GB, and growing
>
>> how large is innodb_ubber?
> from my.cnf:
>    # You can set .._buffer_pool_size up to 50 - 80 %
>    # of RAM but beware of setting memory usage too high
>    innodb_buffer_pool_size=2048M
>    innodb_additional_mem_pool_size = 20M
>
>> how large is the table?
> about 60MB, 95K rows
>
>> for innodb innodb_buffer should be a large as the whole databases
>> not only the one, all of them, dumb but fact
>
> Yeah, to do that we'll have to throw a lot more memory in the machine.
> Thanks for the info

https://raw.github.com/major/MySQLTuner-perl/master/mysqltuner.pl

[!!] InnoDB data size / buffer pool: 7.8G/5.5G
Variables to adjust: innodb_buffer_pool_size (>= 7G)

2 GB innodb_buffer_pool is a joke for a dataset of 33 GB

that leads in permanently I/O on mixed load at the chances
are high that there are times where nothing needed to
operate is in the buffer_pool and on concurrent load
mysqld ends in repeatly swap data in and out of the pool

at least all repeatly accessed tables should fit
permanently in the buffer

database perfomance worriesAndy Wallace2 Jul
  • Re: database perfomance worriesReindl Harald2 Jul
    • Re: database perfomance worriesAndy Wallace2 Jul
      • Re: database perfomance worriesReindl Harald2 Jul
  • Re: database perfomance worriesSinger Wang3 Jul
    • Re: database perfomance worriesspameden3 Jul
      • RE: database perfomance worriesRick James3 Jul
        • Re: database perfomance worriesDivesh Kamra5 Jul
          • Re: database perfomance worriesReindl Harald5 Jul