List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andy Wallace Date:July 2 2013 11:25pm
Subject:Re: database perfomance worries
View as plain text
Thanks for the response:

 > how large is your database?
about 33GB, and growing

 > how large is innodb_ubber?
from my.cnf:
    # You can set .._buffer_pool_size up to 50 - 80 %
    # of RAM but beware of setting memory usage too high
    innodb_buffer_pool_size=2048M
    innodb_additional_mem_pool_size = 20M

 > how large is the table?
about 60MB, 95K rows

 > for innodb innodb_buffer should be a large as the whole databases
 > not only the one, all of them, dumb but fact

Yeah, to do that we'll have to throw a lot more memory in the machine.

Thanks for the info.

--
Andy Wallace
iHOUSEweb, Inc.
awallace@stripped
(866) 645-7700 ext 219
--
"Sometimes it pays to stay in bed on Monday, rather than spending the rest of the week
debugging Monday's code."