List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:nixofortune Date:June 28 2013 8:28am
Subject:mysql on zfs
View as plain text
Hi guys,
Did you have any experience running MyLSQ or in my case MariaDB 5.5.31
on FreeBSD on top of zfs?
We are using Samsung Pro 840 SSD drives and experiencing temporary stalls.
Our workload very much skewed towards inserts into big InnoDB tables
(70-100Gig) the dataset overall 1.5T.
I have feeling that ZFS is not mature enough to be used on production.
The speed is not great either 2k-6k/s.
I disabled innodb_checksums = 0 , innodb_doublewrite = 0  but the stalls
up to 8min still there.
Would it be better option to move to EXT4? We need FS snapshots for backups.
Your thought guys.
Many thanks.
Igor

Thread
mysql on zfsnixofortune28 Jun
  • RE: mysql on zfsRick James28 Jun
  • Re: mysql on zfsManuel Arostegui28 Jun