List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:June 24 2013 4:47pm
Subject:Re: space gone after MyISAM REPAIR TABLE
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "nixofortune" <nixofortune@stripped>
>
> Hi guys,
> any suggestions? I just repaired 90G MyISAM table with REPAIR TABLE
> command. the space on the hard drive gone down from 165 Gig to 70
> Gig. I understand that during repair process MySQL creates temp file and
> remove it after the job done.  Or removal process executes on the server
> restart? how can I get that space back? I can't check the table
> directory as I don't have root perm on that box.

Oops... Can you run [show global variables like 'innodb_file_per_table';] ?

I kind of expect it to be OFF, which means that the temp table would have been created in
the main tablespace. If that's the case, that space has been permanently assimilated by
the global tablespace; the only way to get it back would be a full dump of all your
(innodb) tables, stop server, delete tablespace, start server and import the data again.
Be sure to read the documentation carefully before doing such an intrusive operation.

While you're doing that, use the opportunity to set innodb_file_per_table to ON :-p

space gone after MyISAM REPAIR TABLEnixofortune24 Jun
  • Re: space gone after MyISAM REPAIR TABLEJohan De Meersman24 Jun
    • Re: space gone after MyISAM REPAIR TABLEReindl Harald24 Jun
      • Re: space gone after MyISAM REPAIR TABLEJohan De Meersman24 Jun
      • Re: space gone after MyISAM REPAIR TABLEnixofortune24 Jun
        • RE: space gone after MyISAM REPAIR TABLERick James25 Jun
          • Re: space gone after MyISAM REPAIR TABLEnixofortune26 Jun
            • Re: space gone after MyISAM REPAIR TABLEJay Ess26 Jun
              • Re: space gone after MyISAM REPAIR TABLEJohan De Meersman26 Jun
                • RE: space gone after MyISAM REPAIR TABLERick James26 Jun
                  • Re: space gone after MyISAM REPAIR TABLEnixofortune26 Jun
                    • Re: space gone after MyISAM REPAIR TABLEJay Ess27 Jun
                    • Re: space gone after MyISAM REPAIR TABLEDivesh Kamra27 Jun
            • Re: space gone after MyISAM REPAIR TABLEhsv26 Jun