List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:June 23 2013 7:07pm
Subject:Re: Materialized Views
View as plain text

Am 23.06.2013 20:59, schrieb Bruce Ferrell:
> On 06/23/2013 11:18 AM, Rafael Valenzuela wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> I have a question about the materialized views , i remember in the DBA
>> course my trainer said me. In Mysql doesn't exist this type  views like
>> Oracle. But My boss think the opposite.
>> In the new version has this type of view?  and the diferences
>> the differences between views Mysql and  Oracle?
>> Thanks
>>
> I think you're operating off of old information:
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/create-view.html

and *where* do you see there *any* word about *MATERIALIZED* views except
a comment with the words "Since MySQL currently doesn't support materialized
views, here is simple way to simulate materialized views that consists on
creating a static table and a robust updating script"?

Materialized ViewsRafael Valenzuela23 Jun
  • Re: Materialized ViewsBruce Ferrell23 Jun
    • Re: Materialized ViewsReindl Harald23 Jun
      • Re: Materialized ViewsRafael Valenzuela23 Jun
  • Re: Materialized ViewsBruce Ferrell23 Jun