List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Hartmut Holzgraefe Date:June 21 2013 12:16pm
Subject:Re: SHOW INNODB STATUS - FILE I/O - OS reads/writes/syncs?
View as plain text
On 21.06.2013 13:59, Rafał Radecki wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> I've searched but with no luck... what do exactly these variables mean:
>
> 1343928 OS file reads, 1085452262 OS file writes, 19976022 OS fsyncs
>
> ?

these are the total number of reads/writes/fsyncs (number of system
calls actually?) since the server started (or maybe last FLUSH call?)
and not very meaningful by themselves without knowing the time span
it took to come up to those counter values.

The per second values on the following line are much more interesting.

http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2006/07/17/show-innodb-status-walk-through/

has a pretty good description of the SHOW ENGINE INNODB STATUS output,
even though it is not too detailed in this specific section.

--
Hartmut Holzgraefe <hartmut@stripped>
Principal Support Engineer (EMEA)