List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:June 21 2013 6:40am
Subject:Re: Session ID Generation
View as plain text
Mysql assigns its session IDs sequentially as they come in. I suspect, however, that
you're looking for session IDs as used by websites -generation of those is entirely not a
mysql issue, it is only a potential store for them.

Steven Siebert <smsiebe@stripped> wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I've looked though, what I believe to be, the relevant areas in the
>MySQL
>docs  as well as standard search engine searches without luck.  I was
>hoping to find some documentation that would tell me:
>- how MySQL session Ids are generated (specifically, are they
>considered
>"random")
> - does MySQL require session ids sent from the client to be server
>generated (ie the client can't make one up and that is used for the
>session)
>- is there any other relevant security protections or concerns for
>mysql
>session management that would be of interest?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Steve

Session ID GenerationSteven Siebert20 Jun
  • Re: Session ID GenerationJohan De Meersman21 Jun
    • Re: Session ID GenerationSteven Siebert21 Jun
      • Re: Session ID GenerationJohan De Meersman21 Jun
      • Re: Session ID GenerationHartmut Holzgraefe21 Jun
        • Re: Session ID GenerationSteven Siebert21 Jun
          • Re: Session ID GenerationHartmut Holzgraefe21 Jun
          • Re: Session ID GenerationDenis Jedig21 Jun
            • Re: Session ID GenerationSteven Siebert21 Jun
              • Re: Session ID Generationshawn green22 Jun
      • Re: Session ID GenerationDenis Jedig21 Jun