List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:June 20 2013 10:01pm
Subject:Re: help: innodb database cannot recover
View as plain text

Am 20.06.2013 23:47, schrieb Peter:
>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I copied innodb database (ib_logfile0  ib_logfile1  ibdata1 and the whole
> database directory) from one crashed machine to another.
>>> I find that I cannot start database to get the database data any more.
>>

>>> How did you copy the database?
>>> Manuel
>>
>> I copy the files ib_logfile0  ib_logfile1  ibdata1 into /var/lib/mysql in linux
> and the whole database directory my_database_name into
>> /var/lib/mysql/my_database_name, the same location as previous machine
> /var/lib/mysql/my_database_name
>>
>> peter
>
> If I remove  ib_logfile0  ib_logfile1  ibdata1, then restart mysql.
> still I am unable to open the .frm file though it exists. Here is the error I got

boah you *must not* remove ibdata1
it contains the global tablespace even with file_per_table

"ib_logfile0" and "ib_logfile1" may be removed, but make sure you have
a as cinsistent as possible backup of the whole datadir

help: innodb database cannot recoverPeter20 Jun
  • Re: help: innodb database cannot recoverReindl Harald20 Jun
  • Re: help: innodb database cannot recoverManuel Arostegui20 Jun
    • Re: help: innodb database cannot recoverPeter20 Jun
      • Re: help: innodb database cannot recoverManuel Arostegui20 Jun
        • Re: help: innodb database cannot recoverPeter20 Jun
          • Re: help: innodb database cannot recoverPeter20 Jun
            • Re: help: innodb database cannot recoverReindl Harald20 Jun
              • Re: help: innodb database cannot recoverPeter21 Jun
                • Re: help: innodb database cannot recoverJohan De Meersman21 Jun