List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Franck Dernoncourt Date:June 20 2013 7:57pm
Subject:Re: How can I drop a table that is named “logs/#sq
l-ib203” and appeared after MySQL crash?
View as plain text
On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Rick James <rjames@stripped> wrote:

> #sql files are temp tables that vanish when the ALTER (or whatever)
> finishes.  If you find one sitting around, it sounds like a crash happened
> in the middle of the ALTER.

Yes the crash happened during an ALTER: the table `logs/#sql-ib203`
appeared after a MySQL crash due to disk space shortage while executing the
following query:

ALTER TABLE `logs`.`srv_logs` DROP COLUMN `filenum` , DROP COLUMN `agent` ,
DROP COLUMN `ip` , DROP COLUMN `event_source`
, ADD INDEX `username_event_type_idx` (`username` ASC, `event_type` ASC) ;

Shouldn't the recovery take care of cleaning the temporary tables created
during the query running at the time of the crash? Or at least, if not,
shouldn't the DROP be working on this temporary table?

Thread
How can I drop a table that is named “logs/#sql-ib203” and appeared after MySQL crash?Franck Dernoncourt19 Jun
  • Re: How can I drop a table that is named “logs/#sql-ib203” and appeared after MySQL crash?Reindl Harald19 Jun
    • RE: How can I drop a table that is named “logs/#sql-ib203” and appeared after MySQL crash?Rick James20 Jun
      • Re: How can I drop a table that is named “logs/#sql-ib203” and appeared after MySQL crash?Reindl Harald20 Jun
        • RE: How can I drop a table that is named “logs/#sql-ib203” and appeared after MySQL crash?Rick James25 Jun
          • Re: How can I drop a table that is named “logs/#sql-ib203” and appeared after MySQL crash?Reindl Harald25 Jun
      • Re: How can I drop a table that is named “logs/#sql-ib203” and appeared after MySQL crash?Franck Dernoncourt20 Jun
  • Re: How can I drop a table that is named “logs/#sql-ib203” and appeared after MySQL crash?Denis Jedig20 Jun
  • Re: How can I drop a table that is named “logs/#sql-ib203” and appeared after MySQL crash?Carsten Pedersen20 Jun
    • Re: How can I drop a table that is named “logs/#sql-ib203” and appeared after MySQL crash?Franck Dernoncourt20 Jun
  • Re: How can I drop a table that is named “logs/#sql-ib203” and appeared after MySQL crash?Jesper Wisborg Krogh21 Jun