List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steven Siebert Date:June 20 2013 5:07pm
Subject:Session ID Generation
View as plain text
Hello all,

I've looked though, what I believe to be, the relevant areas in the MySQL
docs  as well as standard search engine searches without luck.  I was
hoping to find some documentation that would tell me:
 - how MySQL session Ids are generated (specifically, are they considered
"random")
 - does MySQL require session ids sent from the client to be server
generated (ie the client can't make one up and that is used for the session)
 - is there any other relevant security protections or concerns for mysql
session management that would be of interest?

Thanks,

Steve

Thread
Session ID GenerationSteven Siebert20 Jun
  • Re: Session ID GenerationJohan De Meersman21 Jun
    • Re: Session ID GenerationSteven Siebert21 Jun
      • Re: Session ID GenerationJohan De Meersman21 Jun
      • Re: Session ID GenerationHartmut Holzgraefe21 Jun
        • Re: Session ID GenerationSteven Siebert21 Jun
          • Re: Session ID GenerationHartmut Holzgraefe21 Jun
          • Re: Session ID GenerationDenis Jedig21 Jun
            • Re: Session ID GenerationSteven Siebert21 Jun
              • Re: Session ID Generationshawn green22 Jun
      • Re: Session ID GenerationDenis Jedig21 Jun