List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Date:June 20 2013 2:06pm
Subject:Re: help: innodb database cannot recover
View as plain text

2013/6/20 Peter <one2001boy@stripped>

>Hello,
>>
>>I copied innodb database (ib_logfile0  ib_logfile1  ibdata1 and the
whole database directory) from one crashed machine to another.
>>I find that I cannot start database to get the database data any more.
>

>>How did you copy the database?
>>Manuel
>
>I copy the files ib_logfile0  ib_logfile1  ibdata1 into /var/lib/mysql
in linux and the whole database directory my_database_name into
>/var/lib/mysql/my_database_name, the same location as previous
machine /var/lib/mysql/my_database_name

>Was MySQL daemon stopped in both machines? It must be stopped in both of them.
>If you cannot afford stopping your mysql, you might want to take a look at
xtrabackup: http://www.percona.com/doc/percona-xtrabackup/2.1/

yes, the mysql daemon was stopped during the copy.
actually, the old machine cannot run anymore, and I copy it over from another machine by
moving the disk to another machine.

Peter
Thread
help: innodb database cannot recoverPeter20 Jun
  • Re: help: innodb database cannot recoverReindl Harald20 Jun
  • Re: help: innodb database cannot recoverManuel Arostegui20 Jun
    • Re: help: innodb database cannot recoverPeter20 Jun
      • Re: help: innodb database cannot recoverManuel Arostegui20 Jun
        • Re: help: innodb database cannot recoverPeter20 Jun
          • Re: help: innodb database cannot recoverPeter20 Jun
            • Re: help: innodb database cannot recoverReindl Harald20 Jun
              • Re: help: innodb database cannot recoverPeter21 Jun
                • Re: help: innodb database cannot recoverJohan De Meersman21 Jun