List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Manuel Arostegui Date:June 20 2013 1:20pm
Subject:Re: help: innodb database cannot recover
View as plain text
2013/6/20 Peter <one2001boy@stripped>

> Hello,
>
> I copied innodb database (ib_logfile0  ib_logfile1  ibdata1 and the whole
> database directory) from one crashed machine to another.
> I find that I cannot start database to get the database data any more.
>

> >How did you copy the database?
> >Manuel
>
> I copy the files ib_logfile0  ib_logfile1  ibdata1 into /var/lib/mysql in
> linux and the whole database directory my_database_name into
> /var/lib/mysql/my_database_name, the same location as previous machine
> /var/lib/mysql/my_database_name

Was MySQL daemon stopped in both machines? It must be stopped in both of
them.
If you cannot afford stopping your mysql, you might want to take a look at
xtrabackup: http://www.percona.com/doc/percona-xtrabackup/2.1/

Manuel.

Thread
help: innodb database cannot recoverPeter20 Jun
  • Re: help: innodb database cannot recoverReindl Harald20 Jun
  • Re: help: innodb database cannot recoverManuel Arostegui20 Jun
    • Re: help: innodb database cannot recoverPeter20 Jun
      • Re: help: innodb database cannot recoverManuel Arostegui20 Jun
        • Re: help: innodb database cannot recoverPeter20 Jun
          • Re: help: innodb database cannot recoverPeter20 Jun
            • Re: help: innodb database cannot recoverReindl Harald20 Jun
              • Re: help: innodb database cannot recoverPeter21 Jun
                • Re: help: innodb database cannot recoverJohan De Meersman21 Jun